Competitive Salary : Negotiable on experience – Permanent – Full Time
Working pattern of 48 hours per week. 5 Days a week no split shifts.
Benefits: 28 holiday days, Workplace Pension Scheme, On-site parking, Discounted Hotel stay, Food & Beverages.
A fantastic opportunity to join this unique Function, Wedding, Restaurant and Golf Venue. We are a successful family run business with our restaurant that has a great reputation.
What is the role:
- Supporting our forward-thinking Head Chef to create amazing menus that you can be truly proud of, creating dishes using fresh local produce & your creative flair!
- Theatre kitchen – ‘WOW’ customers with your meat & fish displays.
- Responsible for food safety, cost, stock control & day to day running.
- Inspire, motivate and support our team of 9 chefs. We love to develop our teams and succession plans are key.
- Friendly dedicated team with a buzzing atmosphere and great team spirit.
- Opportunity to progress & develop the role as the business expands.
- Build great relationships with Front of House teams to demonstrate a shared passion for excellent guest experience.
- Stunning venue, in a work environment where your ideas matter and you become part of the Sandburn family team.
- Own transport required – located just off A64 at Flaxton
What we’re looking for.
- You will have a passion for hospitality & great food, previous experience of working as a Sous Chef with strong attention to detail.
- A strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach; you’re well organised and enjoy developing your team.
- Competent understanding of all regulations & food hygiene specifications.
- Be fun-loving, have a great character and enjoy the opportunity to show your creative flair.
Sandburn Hall is a family run leisure business in our 1000 acre estate. Our new 40-bed hotel is adding to the business which has an 18-hole golf course, Sports Bar, Tykes restaurant & 3 function rooms. We also have our 5 star Griffon Forest lodge complex also connected to Sandburn.
We are surrounded by beautiful lakes and woodland, located at Flaxton, just off the A64, approx. 8 miles from York. What makes us unique is that we are a large family run business that prides itself on having locally sourced produce so we contribute to our local area and our employees are recognised as the ones that make the business a success.