We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit to us. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
The information we collect
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Depending on your type of booking the information held may include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people accompanying you to our business, and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements e.g. dietary requirements or accommodation choice.
If you choose whilst visiting Sandburn Hall or Griffon Forest to sign up to one of our databases, we will collect your name and email address information only.
How we use your information
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy, so your information will only be used in the following ways;
- We may use your personal data to enable us to complete your booking and provide the services you have booked. EG holiday, wedding or golf membership;
- We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time or opt out by unsubscribing;
- We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services. EG gaining customer feedback;
- If you do not provide us with the information required, then we may not be able to provide you with the booking or the level of service you would expect.
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, as required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Sharing and security of information
The information you provide will only be used by Sandburn York Ltd and we will not pass any personal information to third party companies, except when required for compliance purposes, by any legal or taxation authority.
Your information will be stored in a secure environment to meet the data protection requirements. There is generally no requirement to store personal credit card information however when it is part of the booking process the information may be stored using a third-party payment protection company EG Holiday booking payments.
Period of holding information and updating details
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please unsubscribe to the database or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us at any time: -
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data and to send you a copy of any information we hold;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data and to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so. Please note the deleting of personal information may affect our ability to provide you with the service you have booked with us and result in cancellation.
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below;
Data Protection Co-ordinator
Sandburn York Ltd, Scotchman Lane, Flaxton, York, YO60 7RB Dated: May 2018